Wednesday, September 26, 2007

=]

Hello, I am Kary. I am not writing for fulfilling the requirement that Kate gave us, but to express my feeling about the past few weeks in this brand new school life.

At first, I felt a little bit disappointed because there was no one I could talk with in the first few days. I went to school by KCR and also by myself, I left school or even lecture room alone also! It was so sad as I was used to be staying with a group of my friends, hanging around or chatting with each other. Being a ‘quiet girl’ is not my usual characteristic, but I still had to do so.

After 1 week, I met some new girls who are really kind to me. They actively invited me to become one of their groupmates. If I was the little girl in the past, I must not be the one that being invited. I don’t know why I have such changes, maybe when people grow up, they tend not to break their defense wall in order to protect themselves. Because of this reason, I was claimed as a ‘quiet girl’ in my APSS O’ camp also. This really disappointed me as I have never been the one who was defined as ‘quiet’. But I know the fact is that, I am not used to share, or talk with strangers in a new environment.

After the camp, I knew more and more friends. I tried to open my door to contact with other schoolmates. I was not so ‘quiet’ and became more talkative with some of my friends. In the class, some activities were held to increase our sense of belonging, for example, sing karaoke after lectures, secret angel, and also reserve seats for our classmates before lecture starts. Thanks for the classmates who in charge of these activities, I felt happier in the past 2 weeks.

I know communication is a two-way process. I am really ‘noisy’, or even ‘crazy’, in front of my close friend. This is because I was willing to share my feelings with them. So, right now, I also need to be more active in front of my new friends, more contributing to my class. These are the ways that I can gain friendship, which is also the one that I treasure the most.

My friends, please forgive me if I gave a bad image to all of you in the past few weeks. I promise I will do better in the coming days, and I hope that all of you are willing to become my best friends throughout my school life, too.

Thanks for reading my post.
Kalee =]

No comments: